Vellore Institute of Technology is considered as one of the premier universities that provide wide range of courses in various disciplines for the students. VITEEE 2013 will be conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for students as an entrance exam for taking admission to engineering courses of the institute. As there is large number of students who apply for VITEEE, there is tough competition in VITEEE. The VIT is also ranked among the top engineering institutes of the country.
VITEEE 2013 – Important Dates
· Date of VITEEE – By April 3rd week, 2013
· Availability of application forms: By December 2nd to 3rd week, 2013
· Final date of submitting the application: By February last week, 2013
· Date of Declaration of Results: By May 1st week, 2013
· Date of Commencement of classes: By July 1st week, 2013
VITEEE 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for VITEEE 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board with at least 60% marks.
· Candidates should have physics, chemistry and mathematics or biology as subjects in XIIth standard.
· Candidates belonging to reserved category should have at least 50% marks in XIIth standard.
· Candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and from the Northeastern should have at least 50% marks in XIIth standard
· Candidates who have Physics, chemistry and mathematics (PCM) as their subjects are eligible to apply for all the courses.
· Candidates with Physics, chemistry and Biology (PCB) subjects are qualified only for Bio-medical engineering, Biotechnology courses and B.Tech Bioinformatics
· Minimum age of the candidate should be at least 21 years
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for VITEEE Exam 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
VITEEE 2013 – Structure of VITEEE
The question paper comprises of 4 sections as follows.
Candidates applying for engineering programs needed to attempt Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry
Candidates applying for bio-medical programs needed to attempt Physics, Biology and Chemistry
There are actually 40 objective questions in each section of one mark each.
The questions cover the syllabus of CBSE curriculum and State Board of Higher Secondary school only.
VITEEE 2013 – How to Apply ?
Applicants should apply for the VITEEE 2013 exam by either online or offline methods.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting offices of VIT University and making payment of Rs.750/- in cash.
· Applicants can also purchase the form from post offices.
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter to VIT University along with fees via DD. The DD should be drawn in favour of “VIT University“and payable at Vellore.
· Applicants can also fill the form online by visiting official website of VIT University. After completing all the details, applicants can take a print of the form and send it to the address mentioned in the instructions along with the Fees details.
VITEEE 2013 – Results
Applicants can get the results of VITEEE by visiting the following website.
VITEEE 2013 – Contact Address
Admissions Officer VIT University,
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu
Ph: 0416-4207070 (4 lines), 2202168, 2202157,
Fax: 0416-2245544, 2240411,