Vellore Institute of Technology MCA Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to MCA course. There is large number of students that compete for VIT MCA entrance exam every year for pursuing post graduate courses in computer applications.
The Vellore Institute of Technology is considered as one of the prominent institutes of engineering in the country.
VIT MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Issue of Application forms: By first week of May 2013
· Last Date for submitting completed Application Forms at VIT : By last week of May 2013
· Declaration of Result : By Mid June 2013
· Date of Interview : By last week of June 2013
VIT MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for VIT MCA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time graduate with at least 60% marks for MCA programme
· Applicants should have studied mathematics in senior secondary level.
· Applicants should have done BCA/BSc(CS)/ Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics / Statistics or applicants should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in any one semester
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for VIT MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Applicants should have impressive record in X Std. and XII Std
VIT MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
VIT MCA 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. It is basically a computer based entrance test that has 110 questions that carries 100 marks.
Questions cover the topics from following subjects
· Computer Awareness
VIT MCA 2013 – How to apply
Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at www.vit.ac.in
Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site.
Applicants are required to take printout of the completed application form from the official website. This printed application form should be send via mail to the concerned address along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 900 and other required documents.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from the designated branches of the GPOs / HPOs
by making cash payment of Rs 900.
Applicants can also purchase the admission form from the following address by making payment of Rs 900 via Demand Draft.
· VIT University at Vellore
· VIT University Chennai
· City Office, New No. 6, (Old No. W-73), Second Street (Opposite Towers Club), Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600040
Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter along with Demand Draft for Rs. 900/- to Admissions Officer, VIT University, and Vellore – 632014.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore. Candidates should draw the DD from the nationalized bank and mention their name and address on the back of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the address mentioned in the information booklet before the last date of submission.
VIT MCA 2013 – How and where to get the results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at www.vit.ac.in for viewing the results.
VIT MCA 2013 – Contact Address
Admissions Officer, VIT University,
Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
Ph: 0416-4207070 (4 lines), 2202168, 2202157,
Fax: 0416-2245544, 2240411,