University Institute of Legal Studies is an independent department of Panjab University that offers admission to law aspirants into B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) 5 years Integrated Course. It is the prominent legal institute of India that exhibits unique blend of tradition and modernity. The Institute organises various curricular and extra-curricular activities for the students regularly such as Moot Court Competitions, Seminars, Group Discussions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, and Extension Lectures etc.
It boasts of an excellent infrastructure with state of the art campus, 18 spacious class rooms, AC conference room, well equipped libraries and other facilities.
University Institute of Legal Studies – Eligibility Criteria
For B.A. LL. B (Hons.) 5 year integrated course
Applicants who would like to apply for B.A. LL. B (Hons.) 5 year integrated course should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the 10+2 (senior secondary) in any stream from Punjab or Haryana Board/CBSE/ICSE or any other recognised board.
· Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks at senior secondary level in order to apply for admission into Law Colleges
· ST/SC Candidates need at least 45% marks at senior secondary level in order to apply for admission into Law Colleges
· Students who are appearing in their 10+2 final exam can also apply for University Institute of Legal Studies B.A. LL. B (Hons.) 5 year integrated course provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Candidate should be at least 20 years (22 in case of ST/SC candidates) of age
University Institute of Legal Studies – No of seats
The total no of seats available in B.A. LL. B (Hons.) 5 years integrated course is 180.
University Institute of Legal Studies – Entrance Exam
The entrance exam is conducted by University Institute of Legal Studies for providing admission to its courses in law. The final merit is determined out of total of 200 marks.
· 100 marks for entrance test
· 100 marks for qualifying examination (10+2)
Applicants are required to download form online by logging to the official website at http://www.puchd.ac.in. Applicants are required to fill in the downloaded application form completely and send it via mail to the concerned address along with the Demand Draft for prescribed application fees.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from office of the Panjab University by making payment for prescribed application fees. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
University Institute of Legal Studies – Results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at http://www.puchd.ac.in for viewing the results. The results are available after one week from the date of entrance exam. Candidates can also view the admission schedule and other related information on the website.
University Institute of Legal Studies – Contact Address
University Institute of Legal Studies
Chandigarh, U.T. – 160014
Telephone: +91 2784397, 2534697
Fax: +91 172 2784283