Tezpur University Assam MCA Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by Tezpur University, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to MCA course offered by the university. Tezpur is renowned for conducting regular research in the fields of technology and science. This university comprises of five schools that are specialised in Energy, Environment and Natural Resources; Engineering; Humanities and Social Sciences; Management Sciences and Science and Technology.
Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of commencement of sale of prospectus with application form: From last week of JAn to last week of March 2013
· Closing date of receiving filled in Applications: By first week of April 2013
· Date of MCA entrance exam : By last week of May 2013
Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time graduate in any discipline with at least 55% marks with no Major/honours subject
Applicants should be full time graduate in any discipline with at least 50% marks with Major/honours subject
· Applicants should have studied mathematics at Senior Secondary level.
· Applicants belonging to SC/ST category can get 5% relaxation in minimum marks required
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question.
Questions cover the topics from following subjects
· Logical Reasoning and Basic Mathematical Ability
· Mathematics (10+2 level) or fundamentals of Computer Science
· English composition
Tezpur University Assam MCA 2013 – How to apply
Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website of Tezpur University.
Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site.
Applicants are required to take printout of the completed application form from the official website. This printed application form should be send via mail to the concerned address along with the Demand Draft of Rs.500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST) and other required documents.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Tezpur University”, payable at Tezpur.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from the designated branches of the designated branches of Punjab National Bank by making cash payment of Rs. 510/- (Rs. 260/- for SC/ST).
· Applicants can also purchase the admission form from office of the Controller Examinations, T.U., by making cash payment of Rs.500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST)
· Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter along with Demand Draft for Rs. 560/- (Rs. 310/- for SC/ST ) to Controller of examination, Tezpur University.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, Tezpur University”, payable at Tezpur. Candidates should draw the DD from the nationalized bank and mention their name and address on the back of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the following address before the last date of submission.
Controller of Examinations,
Tezpur (Napaam) 784028.