Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET) is conducted on national level by IITs and IISc as a pre requisite for providing admission to post graduate management courses. This exam is specially designed for students who have engineering degree or Masters Degree in science. After scoring merit ranks in this exam, students can pursue post graduate management programmes in the prestigious institutes of the country such as IITs or IISc.
JMET 2013 Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of JMET: By mid of 2nd week of December, 2011/2013
· Beginning of online application: By 1st week of September, 2011/2013
· Closing Date for online application: By 2nd week of October, 2011/2013
· Last Date for submitting printed form: By Mid week of October, 2011/2013
· Declaration of results: By first week of January, 2013/2013
JMET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
Although the eligibility criteria may differ depending on the institutes candidates are applying for, the common eligibility criteria are as follows
· Four years engineering degree with 60% marks
· CGPA 6.5/10 from the recognized institute or university
· Masters degree in science with 60% marks in the bachelors and post graduate level
Relaxation in the marks will be provided to the candidate belonging to the reservation category.
Candidates, who are appearing for the final year of qualifying examination, may also apply for the exam provided they can submit the required certificate later.
JMET 2013 Test structure
The Joint Management Entrance test comprises of 120 multiple choice objective type questions with maximum time duration of 180 minutes.
The 120 questions in the paper are divided into four sessions.
· Quantitative Ability: 30 questions
· Logical Reasoning: 30 questions
· Verbal Communication: 30 questions
· Data Interpretation: 30 questions
For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted and one mark is given for every correct answer.
How to Apply for JMET 2013
In order to apply for JMET 2013, aspirants need to complete online registration by visiting the official website of the JMET and then click on ‘apply online’. The application fee is Rs.750 for general candidates and Rs 350 for SC/STs candidates.
Modes of payment of JMET 2013 Fees
· Payment of fees via core banking
· Downloading and printing the Challan from the official website and then paying the fee in the ICICI bank
· Payment of fees via Credit or Debit card
Candidate should carefully read out the instructions for completing the form. Applicants are required to have a digital photo and scanned signature for filing the form. The dimensions of the photo and signature must match with as per the given specifications in the instructions.
In case the candidate belongs to reserved category, he/she needs to upload the relevant certificate in the PDF format. Candidates are not required to send any documents or form to the institute while applying for the examination. Candidates can keep the institute and candidates copy of challan with themselves to be produced later in the further stages of the selection procedure.