National Law School of India University Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by National Law School of India University (NLSIU), as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to BA LL.B (three year course) through CLAT. The admission to BA LLB and LLM courses is based on CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) that is conducted every year in month of May.
NLSIU 2013 – Seats
The total number of seats in NLSIU 2013 is 80 in its 5 year BA LLB course. There are 55 seats reserved for candidates of general category.
NLSIU 2013 – Exam Centers
The examination centre for NLSIU 2013 is at National Law School of India University, Bangalore for theory and Viva. The outstation students are offered the hostel accommodation at reasonable rates.
NLSIU 2013 – Study Centers
The study centre for NLSIU 2013 is only at Bangalore.
NLSIU 2013 – Reservation
The reservation for NLSIU 2013 seats is done on the following basis.
· General Category: 55 seats
· Scheduled Caste: 12 (i.e. 15%) seats
· Scheduled Tribe: 6 (i.e. 7.5%) seats
· Persons with Disability (PWD): 2 (i.e. 3%) seats
· Foreign Nationals: 5 seats
NLSIU 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for NLSIU 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
For BA LL.B
· Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks at senior secondary level (10+2) in order to apply for admission into BA LL.B course
· ST/SC Candidates can get relaxation of 5% in minimum marks required at senior secondary level (10+2) in order to apply for admission into BA LL.B course
· Students who are appearing in their XIIth standard exam can also apply for NLSIU 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Candidate should be at least 20 years of age for taking admission to BA LL.B. The maximum age limit for SC/ST candidates and persons with disability is 22 years.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – How to apply
There are two ways for applying for Common Law Admission Test 2013 including online way and offline way.
Applicants are required to visit the official website of Common Law Admission Test at www.clat.ac.in and download the form. Candidate should completely fill the downloaded form and send it along with DD for prescribed application fees and examination fees. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from SBI, designated branches of Indian Bank and selected National Law Schools by making payment in cash for prescribed application fees. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter along with DD of Rs. 400/- to the convenor, National Law Institute University. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD. The request letter should be sent to the following address.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Results
Candidates can visit official website of the Common Law Admission Test at http://www.clat.ac.in/result.php for viewing the results by entering the register number.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Contact Address
The Convenor (CLAT- 2010),
The National Law Institute University,
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal-462 044 (M.P),
Tele: (0755)-2696965 /70/71
NLSIU 2013 – Contact Address
National Law School of India University
Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560242
Phone: 080 – 23160532, 23160533, 23213160