The Maharashtra Medical Common Entrance Test 2013 is conducted every year by the Government of Maharashtra as a prerequisite entrance exam for students for taking admissions in Medical courses in the Colleges in Maharashtra.
MAH Medical CET score is accepted by various medical colleges in Maharashtra. This exam is either administered by the relevant authority on its own or it is conducted in collaboration with professional Agencies.
MAH Medical CET 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Dates of availability of CET Forms: By 2nd-4th week of March, 2013
· Final Date for receipt of CET forms: By 4th week of March, 2013
· Date of CET exam: By 2nd week of May, 2013
· Announcement of CET Results: By Mid June, 2013
MAH Medical CET 2013 – Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants who would like to apply for MAH Medical CET should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board with at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for MAH Medical CET Exam 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
· Candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
MAH Medical CET 2013 – Pattern of Examination:
The MAH Medical CET 2013 comprises of two papers and time duration of each paper is 90 minutes.
· Paper I : Physics & Chemistry (50+50 marks)
· Paper II : Botany and Zoology (50+50 marks)
The questions are multiple choice objective type with 4 alternatives given for every question. The syllabus of the exam is based on the syllabus of HSC Examination of Board of Maharashtra. There are no negative marking and candidate can attempt all the questions.
MAH Medical CET 2013 – How to Apply?
Applicants are required to visit the official website at www.dmer.org and download the application form. Applicant should take printout of the application form, fill it completely and send it via mail to the concerned address along with the DD (Demand Draft) of Rs 700 (Rs 500 for ST/SC candidates) for prescribed application fees.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from various Educational Institutions of Maharashtra and send in the completely filled application along with DD of Rs 700 (Rs 500 for ST/SC candidates) and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
The DD should be drawn on any nationalized or scheduled commercial bank in favour of “Director, Medical Education and Research”, payable at Mumbai. Candidate should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
The completely filled application forms should be sent along with all the required documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus in time so that it will reach the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, before the last date of submitting applications.
MAH Medical CET 2013 – Contact Address
Directorate of Medical Education and Research,
CET Cell, St. George Hospital Campus,
Mumbai – 400001
Ph: 022-26620363-65, 22652257/59