KU-CAT 2013 (Kerala University Common Admission Test) will be conducted by Kerala University as a pre-requisite entrance exam for students for taking admission to masters program in Business Administration and MBA Tourism into the prominent Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK). This institute is situated at the Palayam campus and there are various other centres of this institution.
Students have the option of doing MBA Tourism and MBA into semester as well as credit system.
KU-CAT 2013 Eligibility
Applicants should be the permanent citizens of India and they also need to fulfil other qualifying criteria as detailed in the prospectus.
The eligibility criteria of KU-CAT 2013 are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream (with three years of education in 10+2+3 pattern)or equivalent CGPA from the recognized university. Students should have at least 50% marks in Part III of B. Sc (Agriculture), B. Sc, BA and B.Com.
· For students belonging to SC/ST category there are relaxation in the minimum marks as per the policies and conditions of the Kerala University.
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for KU-CAT 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
KU-CAT 2013 Qualifying Examinations
In order to qualify for the Kerala University Common Admission Test (KUCAT), students who have
graduation degree are eligible to apply and also those students who are awaiting the results of final semester or appearing for final semester are also eligible to apply.
KU-CAT 2013 Age Qualification
There is no age limit for students who would like to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT exam).
KU-CAT 2013 Reservation of seats
The reservation of seats in Kerala University Common Admission Test (KUCAT) is as mentioned below.
· SC candidates – 15%
· ST candidates – 5%
· OBC candidates – 20%
It comprises of the following breakup of seats.
Muslim – 7%
OBC Christian – 1%,
Ezhava – 8%,
OBC Hindu – 3%
KU-CAT 2013 Admission Process
Applicants can apply for the admission procedure for the Kerala University Common Admission Test (KUCAT) in more than one ways.
The price of the application is Rs. 500/-
· By visiting the University office in person and purchase the form by making payment of Rs 500/- in cash.
· Receiving the form by post from Kerala University by sending a Demand Draft along with request letter.
· By visiting the official website of the Kerala University and downloading the form. Students have to complete the downloaded form and send it along with the DD of Rs 500/- for entrance exam fees as per the instructions provided in the prospectus.
The candidates are shortlisted by the way of written test (KUCAT) conducted by Kerala University. The shortlisted candidates are required to face further rounds of selection process including personal interview and general discussion.
On the basis of marks obtained by the students in the admission test, GD and PI, the final rank list of the students is decided. The counselling of the students is done after the interview/GD.