IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 will be conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to post graduate management programmes offered by IGNOU. This entrance exam is conducted twice every year in February and August. IGNOU is regarded as the largest Open University of India that has over 1.4 million students.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 – Important Dates
Date of Second Sem Entrance Exam: 21 August, 2011
Date of First Sem Entrance Exam : 5thFeb, 2013
Last date of submission of entrance form (2nd Sem) : 15thJuly, 2011
Last date of submission of entrance form (1st Sem) : 15thDec, 2011
Validity of Openmat Score
Ist Sem., 2013 (January, 2013)
2nd Sem., 2013 (July, 2013)
Last date for submission of application form
For 1stSem 2013: 30th November, 2011
For 2nd Sem 2013: 31st May, 2013
IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 are required to fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria.
· Graduation with 50% marks in any discipline for general Category
Graduation with 45% marks in any discipline for Reserved Category
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of professional/supervisory/managerial experience
Professional Degree in Medicine/Architecture/ Engineering/Technology/Law/Pharmacy
Professional Qualifications in Accountancy/Company Secretaryship/ Cost and Works Accountancy
A Master’s Degree in any stream
· Qualifying OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU
Candidates who have successfully qualified Management Programme entrance test by other institutions like CAT, MAT and State Level Tests; are not required to appear in OPENMAT
· Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of supervisory/managerial/professional experience; are eligible to appear for OPENMAT and they can take admission in Diploma in Management (DIM) only.
· There is no restrictions regarding any age limi
· Foreign students who have valid student VISA are eligible for OPENMAT
IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 – Programs Offered
There are various post graduate management courses and diploma programmes management courses offered by IGNOU.
· Master of Business Administration (MBA)
· Diploma in Management (DIM)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
· Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
The MBA programmes by IGNOU are also approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
IGNOU OPENMAT 2013 Structure and Syllabus
The IGNOU OPENMAT exam comprises of 200 objective type questions and the total time duration is
180 minutes. The test includes the questions from various sections such as English Language, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.
· English Language-50 questions
· General Awareness-30 questions
· Quantitative Aptitude-50 questions
· Reasoning-70 questions
How to Apply for IGNOU OPENMAT 2013
Applicants can purchase OPENMAT ENTRANCE TEST –form 1 from any of the IGNOU branches spread throughout the country. This form is also available in the regional branches of IGNOU. Students can also get Students Handbook and a prospectus along with the form.
The fees for the OPENMAT Exam is RS 500 and it has to be sent by Demand Draft in favour of IGNOU at the below mentioned address.
Contact Address for IGNOU OPENMAT 2013
Director, School of Management Studies,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi- 110068