HP CMAT 2013 (Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test) will be conducted by Himachal Pradesh University as a pre-requisite entrance exam for students for taking admission to masters program in Business Administration in the institutions affiliated to Dr. YS Parmar University and Himachal Pradesh University.
HP CMAT is open to all the students of the country with the following reservation in the seats.
· 75% of the seats: These are reserved for graduates from Himachal Pradesh University, Dr. Y.S.Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry and H.P. Krishi Vishwavidayalaya Palampur.
· Rests 25% are open seats: Rest of the graduates from across the country
HP CMAT 2013 Selection process:
The candidates are shortlisted by the way of written test (HP CMAT) conducted by HP University. The shortlisted candidates are required to face further rounds of selection process including personal interview and general discussion.
The final selection is done on the basis of weightages given to various factors:
· Written Test (50%)
· Past Academic Performance (30%)
· Personal Interview (10%)
· Group Discussion (10%)
Apart from these, the additional marks are also awarded to the candidates for various factors including past academic record, extracurricular activities, etc.
Candidates, whose names appear in the final merit list, are offered admission in the post graduate management programmes of the following institutes.
· Institute of Management Studies
· HP University
· Dr. YS Parmar University
· Other Private Institutions affiliated to HP University
HP CMAT 2013 Important Dates
· Date of availability of Application Forms: First week of April, 2011
· Last Date for submitting completed application forms: First week of May, 2011
· Last Date for submitting completed Online Application: First week of May, 2011
· Date of Entrance Test: Last week of May, 2011
· Declaration of Results: First week of June, 2011
HP CMAT 2013 Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria of HP CMAT 2013 are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream (with three years of education) from the recognized university with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
· For students belonging to SC/ST category the minimum marks required is 45%
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for HP CMAT 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
· Age limit for the General Category candidates should not be more than 26 years of age as on 1st July, 2011. However, this age limit for the SC/ST candidates is relaxed by 3 years
HP CMAT 2013 Availability of Application forms:
Applicants can apply for the HP CMAT 2013 exams in any of the following ways.
· By visiting the IMS, HP University in person and purchase the form by making payment in cash
· Receiving the form by post from IMS by sending a Demand Draft along with request letter
HP CMAT 2013 Contact Details:
Institute of Management Studies,
Himachal Pradesh University,
Summer Hill, Shimla-171005
Tel: 0177-2831653, 2832653, 2832938,
Tele Fax: 0177-2830938,