Delhi University Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam will be conducted by University of Delhi, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to PG medical and dental courses. It is one of the sought after universities of India that provide state of the art infrastructure and teaching facilities. There is large number of students that compete for DUPGMET 2013 exam every year for pursuing post graduate Medical and Dental courses.
DUPGMET 2013 – Courses
The DUPGMET 2013 examination is conducted for allowing the medical and dental students to get admission into the following courses.
· Doctor of Medicine (MD) including Dermatology, Forensic Medicine, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, General Medicine and Physiology etc.
· Master of Surgery (MS) including Ophthalmology, General Surgery and Obstetrics, etc.
· Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) including Orthodontics, Dental Implants, Prosthodontics and Crown& Bridge etc.
DUPGMET 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of Delhi University Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test (DUPGMET): By February, 2013
· Dates of availability of application form: By December, 2013
· Last date for receipt of application form: By February, 2013
DUPGMET 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for DUPGMET 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed MBBS from reputed and renowned college to become eligible for admission to post graduate Medical courses.
· Candidates should have passed BDS from reputed and renowned college to become eligible for admission to post graduate Dental courses.
· Students who are appearing in their final year internship exams, they can also apply for DU PGMET 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
DUPGMET 2013 – Structure of Medical Entrance Examination
The DUPGMET comprises of both the objective and the subjective papers. There is negative marking awarded for every wrong answer. The examination includes two papers including Paper I and Paper II
Paper I: The time allotted for this paper is 1 hour and it includes Pre Clinical Subjects and Para Clinical Subjects.
Paper II: The time allotted for this paper is 2 hours and it includes all the Clinical subjects.
DUPGMET 2013 – How to apply
There are two ways for applying for DUPGMET 2013 including Online way and Offline way.
· Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at www.du.ac.in. Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site. The payment of application fee of Rs. 1500 (Rs 1000 for reserved category) can be made through Demand Draft or cheque in favour of Deputy Registrar, Delhi University. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from the office or university counters of DU by making payment of Rs 1500 (Rs 1000 for reserved category) in cash; and send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter along with DD for prescribed application fees to Registrar of the Delhi University. The Demand draft for prescribed fees should be drawn in favour of “Deputy Registrar”, payable at Delhi.
DUPGMET 2013 – Contact Address
Faculty of Medical Sciences,
6th Floor, Vallabhai Patel Chest Institute Building,
University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Phone: +91-11-27667647, 27662764, 27662208