CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 (Cochin University Common Admission Test) will be conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) as a pre-requisite entrance exam for students for taking admission to its Law courses. The Cochin University is approved by the Government of India and located in Cochin. It is renowned university that provides high quality education to the candidates from inside as well as outside the state.
CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 -Important Dates schedule
· Date of CUSAT CAT programmes: By April 2013
· Commencement of online registration (CAT): By January, 2013
· Last Date of online registration: By February, 2013
· Last Date of remittance of application fee: By February, 2013
· Last date for submitting duly completed form with challan receipt and self attested copies: “By February, 2013”
· Date of Issue/downloading of admit card: By March, 2011
CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 -Eligibility
Applicants should be the permanent citizens of India and they also need to fulfil other qualifying criteria as detailed in the prospectus.
The eligibility criteria of CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream (with three years of education in 10+2+3 pattern) or equivalent CGPA from the recognized university.
· For students belonging to SC/ST category there are relaxation in the minimum marks as per the policies and conditions of the Cochin University.
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 -Reservation of seats
The reservation of seats in Cochin University Common Admission Test Law Entrance is as mentioned below or It may vary as per the directives of government order.
· SC candidates – 15%
· ST candidates – 5%
· OBC candidates – 20%
CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 -Admission Process
Applicants can apply for the admission procedure for the Cochin University Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT) Law Entrance in more than one ways.
· By visiting the University office in person and purchase the form by making payment in cash.
· Receiving the form by post from Cochin University by sending a Demand Draft along with request letter.
· By visiting the official website of the Cochin University and downloading the form. Students have to complete the downloaded form and send it along with the DD for entrance exam fees as per the instructions provided in the prospectus.
The candidates are shortlisted by the way of written test (CUSAT CAT) conducted by Cochin University. The shortlisted candidates are required to face further rounds of selection process including personal interview and general discussion.
On the basis of marks obtained by the students in the admission test, GD and PI, the final rank list of the students is decided. The counselling of the students is done after the interview/GD.
CUSAT CAT Law Entrance 2013 -Contact
In order to view the complete details of the CUSAT CAT notifications, applicants can visit the official website at www.cusat.nic.in and www.cusat.ac.in