The CART (Common Admission Retail Test) is conducted by Retailers Association of India on a national basis. The shortlisted candidates are provided admission to RAI’s Postgraduate Program in Retail Management (PGPRM) in over 17 institutes.
The structure of the CART exam comprises of multiple choice objective type questions that are designed to assess the candidate’s aptitude for retail management education. The questions cover the various sections including Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and Consumer Comprehension. There are 32 centres of examination all over India.
RAI’s Postgraduate Program in Retail Management (PGPRM) is 18-month programme that is designed to fulfil the following objectives in the students pursuing this course.
· To provide high level of knowledge and understanding of retail concepts and processes in the students
· To equip the students with the required practical, research and analytical skills that are assists the students in building a professional career in the retail trade or an allied sector
· To expand knowledge of modern retail management issues at the strategic level
· To analyse and explain the working of retail sector including key activities and relationships
· To offer the academic understanding of theoretical retail concepts by practically applying retailing theory and research
· To develop vital resource of retail specific knowledge that can be adopted by the corporate retail sector
The eligibility criteria of CART exam are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream from the recognized university with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for CART; provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
CART – How to Apply
There are three ways for applying to CART exam. Students can choose any one of the ways as mentioned below.
· Students can purchase the CART prospectus including application form by making payment in cash at Retail Stores of Rai Member Organisations
· Students can also obtain the forms by making payment from Career Launcher Centres, PT Education Centre and select branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
· Students can also receive the form online by download the application form from the official website of the institute.
CART Participating Institutes
· NSHM Center of Management & Development Studies [Gurgaon]
· C.T.Group of Institute Jalandhar
· Design and Innovation Academy Noida
· International School of Business & Media Bangalore
· KLE Society College of Business & Administration Belgaum
· Asian School of Business Management Hyderabad
· Bangalore Managment Acadamy Bangalore
· IFIM Business School Bangalore
· Vasavi Institute of Managment & Advanced Studies Bangalore
· Indian Business Academy Bangalore
· Jain School of Retail Bangalore
· NSHM Center of Management & Development Studies [Kolkata]
· Institute of Management and Information Science Bhubaneswar
· NSHM Center of Management & Development Studies [Durgapur]
· St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies Ahmedbad
· Rustomjee Business School Mumbai
· CH Institute of Management and Commerce Indore