Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission test (TNAE) will be conducted by Anna University as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to various engineering courses in the institutes/colleges under Anna University. The TNAE is conducted across various centres in the state of Tamil Nadu.
There is large number of colleges that accept the TNEA Score for providing admission to engineering courses.
TNEA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
Commencement of application forms: By first week of May, 2013
Final date for submitting the forms: By last week of May, 2013
Final date for submitting the completely filled up forms: By June 1st week, 2013
TNEA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for TNEA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board with at least 55% marks.
· Candidate should have scored minimum of 55% average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
· Candidates belonging MBC and DNC category should have at least 40% marks in XIIth standard.
· Candidates belonging to backward classes should have at least 45% marks in XIIth standard.
· Candidates who have required percentage in any vocational subject, are also eligible to apply
· Candidates belonging to SC or ST can apply if they have attained a pass mark
TNEA 2013 – Structure and Syllabus
The TNAE entrance test comprises of two sections including Part A and Part B
Part A consists of Mathematics that carries 100 marks
Part B will cover Physics and Chemistry that carries 100 marks
The syllabus of both these sections is similar to NCERT test.
TNEA Exam centers
The list of TNAE exam centres is as follows
· The Nilgiris
TNEA 2013 – How to Apply?
Applicants should apply for the TNEA 2013 exam by either online or offline methods.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting designated centers and making payment of Rs.500/- in cash or DD (Rs 250/- for ST/SC classes)
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter to VIT University along with fees via DD of Rs 700 (Rs 450/- for SC or ST).
· Applicants can also fill the form online by visiting official website of the institute. After completing all the details, applicants can take a print of the form and send it to the address mentioned in the instructions along with the Fees details.
TNEA 2013 – Results
The results of TNAE 2013 will be published on the official website of Anna University.
TNEA 2013 – Contact Address
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600 025