TANCET is an abbreviated form of TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. The TANCET 2013 will be conducted by Anna University as a pre-requisite entrance exam for students for taking admission to post graduate programs in computer applications and Business Administration.
There are many Management institutes across the country that accepts the TANCET MCA score for providing admission to aspiring computer applications students. The TANCET MCA 2013 will be organised in different centres across the country.
TANCET MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of beginning of Registration : By first week of April 2013
· Date of commencement of Registration through Internet : By first week of April 2013
· Last date for Registration at co-ordinating centres : By last week of April 2013
· Last Date for Registration through Internet : By last week of April 2013
· Last date for receipt of completed application : By last week of April 2013 to first week of may 2013
TANCET MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TANCET MCA 2013 are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream (minimum 3 years duration) from the recognized university or its equivalent exam
· Candidates should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at Senior Secondary level or higher level examination.
· Graduation in any stream (minimum 3 years duration) from the recognized university or its equivalent exam with Mathematics or Statistics as any one of the subjects
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for TANCET MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
TANCET MCA 2013 – Structure and Syllabus
The TANCET MCA 2013 exam comprises of 100 objective type multiple choice questions and the total time duration allowed for the test is 120 minutes.
The questions in the examination cover the various sections
· Quantitative Ability
· Analytical reasoning
· Logical reasoning
· Computer awareness
There is negative marking of 0.25% for marking every incorrect answer.
TANCET MCA 2013 – How to Apply?
There are various ways for obtaining the TANCET Application form
· Purchasing the form in person from various TANCET co-ordinating centres
· Doing the online Registration over the TANCET official website. For this, candidates have to visit the official website at www.annauniv.edu/tancet 2013
Spot Registration: Candidates who wish to buy the Hall Tickets personally are required to visit Coordinating Centres along with DD (Demand Draft) or via cash. They also need to carry the copy of their 10th mark list.
TANCET MCA 2013 – Fees
Candidates belonging to the general category have to submit Rs 300/- as an entrance test fee.
Candidates belonging to the SC/CT category have to submit Rs 150/- as an entrance test fee, however such candidates have to produce the relevant community certificate.
The fees for MCA and MTech entrance exams have to be submitted separately and in case a student wants to apply for more than one exam, he/she has to pay additional fees for every exam.
TANCET MCA 2013 – Results
The results of the TANCET MCA 2013 will be posted on the official website and students can view their results by visiting the link at www.annauniv.edu/tancet. Students can also download the score card from the TANCET MCA website.
TANCET MCA 2013 – Contact Address
The Secretary, TANCET
Centre for Entrance Examinations
Anna University Chennai,
Chennai 600 025
Tel.: +91-44-22301393. +91-44-2235 8282