South Asian University M.Sc. (CS) 2013 will be conducted by South Asian University, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to M.Sc. in Computer Science. There is large number of students that compete for MSc in (CS) entrance exam every year for pursuing post graduate courses in computer science.
The entrance test will be held simultaneously in all SAARC countries on the same date. The tuition fees for the shortlisted candidates in final merit list will be highly subsidized and applicants can also avail of the scholarships under different schemes.
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Last Date for receiving completed applications: By third week of April 2013
· Date of M.Sc. (Computer Science) exam: By third week of May, 2013
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for SAU MSC (CS) 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time science graduate from recognised university with at least 55% marks and applicants should have studied mathematics in senior secondary or higher level.
· Applicants should have done BCA/BE with at least 55% marks
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply SAU MSC (CS) 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. The exam comprises of 100 questions that carries one mark per question. There will be no negative marking and time allotted for the test is 3 hours.
Questions cover the topics from following subjects
· Analytical and Logical Reasoning (20 questions)
· Undergraduate level Mathematical Science (40 questions)
· Undergraduate level Computer Science (40 questions)
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 –Reservation of Seats for different SAARC countries
The reservation of seats for SAU MSC (CS) 2013 course for applicants from different SAARC countries is done in the following manner.
· 50% seats : Applicants from India
· 4% seats: Applicants from Afghanistan
· 4% seats: Applicants from Bhutan
· 4% seats: Applicants from Maldives
· 4% seats: Applicants from Nepal
· 4% seats: Applicants from Sri Lanka
· 10% seats : Applicants from Pakistan
· 10% seats : Applicants from Bangladesh
· 10% seats : Applicants from outside the SAARC region
The merit list for each country will be prepared separately and the applicants from the same country will compete with each other.
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 – How to apply
Applicants are required to download the form by visiting the official website of South Asian University. Applicants need to take printout of the downloaded form and fill it completely in their own handwriting by using a Black Pen.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the following address before the last date of submission.
SAU MSC (CS) 2013 – Contact Address
South Asian University
Old CRS Building, JNU Campus
New Delhi 110067 (India)