SLIET B Tech Entrance Test 2013 will be conducted by Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to various B.Tech degree programmes offered by the institute. Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology is considered as one of the prestigious universities of India that has excellent infrastructure and teaching facilities.
SLIET 2013 – Important Dates (tentative)
· Final Date of submitting the completed Application Form: By fourth Week of April, 2013
· Date of SLIET SET III exam: By 1stweek of June, 2013
· Announcement of Result: By 4thweek of June, 2013
· Commencement of Classes: By 4thweek of July, 2013
SLIET 2013 – – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for SLIET B Tech Entrance Test 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board.
· Candidates should have physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects in XIIth standard to apply for admission into engineering colleges.
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for SLIET B Tech Entrance Test 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Candidates who have done diploma course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering Technology or from any State Board of Technical Education (approved by AICTE), are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam
SLIET 2013 – Exam Structure
SLIET 2013 comprises of questions from two papers including Paper I and Paper II
Paper I includes the questions from following subjects (100 Marks)
· General Knowledge
· Mental Aptitude
Paper II includes the questions from Basics of Engineering (100 Marks)
· Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology
· Electronics and Communication Engineering
· Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Food Technology
SLIET 2013 – – How to apply
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from Counter of SLIET office by making payment of Rs.350 in cash.
· Candidates can also receive the application from by post by sending the request letter along with demand draft of Rs. 375/- to the SLIET Chairman.
· The candidates can also purchase the form from specified centres in Punjab by making payment of the prescribed fee.
The completely filled application form should be sent to the along with demand draft of Rs.600/- at the concerned address mentioned in the prospectus before last date.
SLIET 2013 – – How to fill the application forms
Candidates should read out the instructions completely for filling the admission form and take care of the following points.
· All the details should be correctly entered in the form.
· Candidate should complete the form in capital letters.
· Photograph and signature of the aspirants should be affixed in the space mentioned.
· All the required documents should be sent along with the admission form.
SLIET 2013 – – How and where to get the results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at www.sliet.ac.in in for viewing the results in the month of June.
SLIET 2013 – – Contact Address
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET),
Longowal, District Sangrur,
Punjab – 148106, India
Phone: 01672-280072, 253136
Fax: 01672-280072, 280057