Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University conducts Law Entrance Exam for students to provide them admission in its BA LL.B (three year course), BSc LLB (hons) and LL.M courses. The admission to BA LLB and LLM courses is based on CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) that is conducted every year in month of May.
RMLNLU 2013 – Seats
The total number of seats in RMLNLU 2013 is 160 and distribution of seats for various categories is as follows:
General category: 80
Backward classes of Uttar Pradesh: 43
SC candidates of Uttar Pradesh: 34
ST candidates of Uttar Pradesh: 3
RMLNLU 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for RMLNLU 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
For BA LL.B
· Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks at senior secondary level (10+2) in order to apply for admission into BA LL.B course
· Students who are appearing in their XIIth standard exam can also apply for RMLNLU 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Candidate should be at least 20 years of age for taking admission to BA LL.B. The maximum age limit for SC/ST candidates is 22 years and for person with disability is 25 years.
· Candidates should have passed BA LLB, LLB or any other legal degree recognised by Bar council with at least 55% marks in order to apply for admission into LLM course
· Reserved Category candidates require only 50% marks in LLB for applying to LLM course
· Students who are appearing in their final year of LLB exam can also apply for RMLNLU 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – How to apply
There are two ways for applying for Common Law Admission Test 2013 including online way and offline way.
Applicants are required to visit the official website of Common Law Admission Test at www.clat.ac.in and download the form. Candidate should completely fill the downloaded form and send it along with DD for prescribed application fees and examination fees. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from SBI, designated branches of Indian Bank and selected National Law Schools by making payment in cash for prescribed application fees. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter along with DD of Rs. 400/- to the convenor, National Law Institute University. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD. The request letter should be sent to the following address.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Results
Candidates can visit official website of the Common Law Admission Test at http://www.clat.ac.in/result.php for viewing the results by entering the register number.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Contact Address
The Convenor (CLAT- 2010),
The National Law Institute University,
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal-462 044 (M.P),
Tele: (0755)-2696965 /70/71
RMLNLU 2013 – Contact Address
Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
LDA Kanpur, Lucknow (UP) – 601 (UP)
Phone: 05-4590/03 Extn: 11/114
Fax: 05-4 841