Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by PGI, Chandigarh; as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to post graduate medical and doctoral courses like DM/Mch, MD and MS courses. It is one of the sought after universities of India that provide state of the art infrastructure and teaching facilities.
PGIMER 2013– Important Dates (Tentative)
· Last Date of availability of Prospectus: By third week of March 2013
· Last Date of issue of application forms by post: By first April, 2013
· Last Date of downloading prospectus cum application form : By second week of March 2013
· Date of MD/MS Examination: By 4th week of May 2013
· Date of MDS : By first week of June 2013
· Date of DM/Mch/ MHA: By first week of June 2013
· Date of MPH/MSC MLT : By fourth week of June 2013
PGIMER 2013– Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for PGIMER 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicant should be citizen of India
· Candidates should have passed MBBS degree from recognised medical college to become eligible for admission to post graduate Medical courses.
· Candidates who have obtained registration from state Medical Council or Medical council of India are also eligible for appearing in PGIMER 2013.
· Students who are yet to complete their internship can also apply for PGIMER 2013 provided they produced the certificate from Dean of the college about the completion of internship at the time of admission.
· Candidates who would like appear for DM courses should have passed MD degree in medicine or paediatrics.
PGIMER 2013– Structure of Medical Entrance Examination
The PGIMER 2013 comprises of 250 Multiple Type Objective Questions with maximum of 100 marks. The question paper cover the all the subjects of MBBS course and time duration of the exam is three hours. There is negative marking for marking wrong answers.
PGIMER 2013– How to apply
There are two ways for applying for PGIMER 2013 including online way and offline way.
· Applicants are required to visit the official website of PGI at www.pgimer.nic.in and download the form. Candidate should completely fill the downloaded form and send it along with DD of Rs 500 (Rs 400 for ST/SC candidates) for prescribed application fees and examination fees.
· The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “Director, PGI”, payable at Chandigarh. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from the university office by making payment of Rs 500 (Rs 400 for ST/SC candidates) in cash. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter, self addressed envelope( 24×15 cm with Rs 30 postage stamp) along with DD of Rs 500 (Rs 400 for ST/SC candidates) for prescribed application fees. The Demand Draft should be drawn from any ABI Branch in favour of “Director, PGI”, payable at Chandigarh. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
PGIMER 2013– Contact Address
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
Sector-12, Chandigarh PIN- 160012, INDIA
Phone: EPBAX: 0091-172-2746018, 2756565,
Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078