Panjab University, Chandigarh MCA Admission 2013 will be conducted by Panjab University, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to post graduate programmes in computer applications. There are numerous institutes in Panjab that accept the PU MCA 2013 score for admitting students in their MCA courses. It is one of the leading Universities in India that provides innovative technical education to the students.
PU MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Final date for obtaining Prospectus by post: By third week of April 2013
· Closing date for submitting completed Application Forms in person: By first week of May 2013
· Final date for submitting completed Application Forms by post: By first week of May 2013
· Closing date for receipt of Application Form with late fees: By second week of May 2013
· Date of dispatch of Admit Cards: By last week of May 2013
· Date of declaration of results: By last week of June 2013
PU MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for PU MCA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time graduate in any stream from recognised university with at least 50% marks and applicants should have studied mathematics in senior secondary or higher level.
· Applicants should have done BCA from Panjab University with at least 50% marks
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for PU MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
PU MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
PU MCA 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. It is basically a computer based entrance test that has 75 questions that carries 75 marks. The time allotted for the test is 90 minutes.
The questions comprises of following four sections
· Mathematics (10+2 level) : 40 Questions
· Computer Science : 15 Questions
· English : 10 Questions
· Reasoning & Aptitude : 10 Questions
PU MCA 2013 – MCA Test centres
Centre of examination: Chandigarh
PU MCA 2013 – How to apply
Applicants can purchase the admission form from the designated branches of the GPOs / HPOs
by making cash payment of Rs 1600 (Rs 800 for SC/ST category)
Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending the request letter along with Demand Draft of Rs 1700 (Rs 900 for SC/ST category) to the following address.
Chandigarh – 160 014
The DD should be drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh” and payable at Chandigarh. Candidates should draw the DD from the nationalized bank and mention their name and address on the back of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the following address so as to reach the university office before the last date of submission.
The Assistant Registrar,
Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall (Near Post Office),