National Law Institute University offers admission to law aspirants to its 5 year BA LL.B through CLAT. It is one of the twelve national law universities in India that was established as per Madhya Pradesh Legislature by the Rastriya Vidhi Sansthan Vishwavidyalaya Adhiniyam in1997. The admission to BA LLB and LLM courses is based on CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) that is conducted every year in month of May.
NLIU 2013 – Seats
The total number of seats in NLIU is 82 with 41 seats for MP candidates and 41 seats for the candidates from all over India.
NLIU 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for NLIU 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
For BA LL.B
· Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks at senior secondary level (10+2) in order to apply for admission into BA LL.B course
· ST/SC Candidates can get relaxation of 5% in minimum marks required at senior secondary level (10+2) in order to apply for admission into BA LL.B course
· Students who are appearing in their XIIth standard exam can also apply for NLIU 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Candidate should be at least 20 years of age for taking admission to BA LL.B. The maximum age limit for SC/ST candidates and persons with disability is 22 years.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Exam Pattern
The question paper comprises of 200 multiple choice questions and time duration for the exam is 2 hours.
· English: 40 questions
· General Knowledge/Current Affairs: 50 questions
· Elementary Mathematics: 20 questions
· Legal Aptitude: 45 questions
· Logical Reasoning: 45 questions
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – How to apply
There are two ways for applying for Common Law Admission Test 2013 including online way and offline way.
Applicants are required to visit the official website of Common Law Admission Test at www.clat.ac.in and download the form. Candidate should completely fill the downloaded form and send it along with DD for prescribed application fees and examination fees. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from SBI, designated branches of Indian Bank and selected National Law Schools by making payment in cash for prescribed application fees. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter along with DD of Rs. 400/- to the convenor, National Law Institute University. Applicant should mention his/her name, phone number and address on the back of DD. The request letter should be sent to the following address.
CLAT BA LLB 2013 – Results
Candidates can visit official website of the Common Law Admission Test at http://www.clat.ac.in/result.php for viewing the results by entering the register number.
NLIU 2013 – Contact Address
The National Law Institute University,
Kerwa Dam Road,
Bhopal-462 044 (M.P),
Tele: (0755)-2696965 /70/71