MET 2013 will be conducted by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar as a pre requisite entrance exam for the students for taking admission to post management programmes offered by the Guru Nanak Dev University (Amritsar); Punjab Technical University (Jalandhar) and Punjabi University (Patiala). These premier institutions are renowned for providing higher education in Punjab.
The short listing of the candidates is done on the basis of marks obtained in MET 2013 and these shortlisted candidates are called for further rounds of selection procedure including GD and PI.
MET 2013 GNDU -Important Dates (Tentative Dates)
· Date of the entrance test: By July 2013
Timings of the entrance test: 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
· Date of commencement of sale of application form: By May, 2013
· Last date for submitting the completed application forms (without late fee): By third week of June, 2013
· Last date for submitting the completed application forms (with late fees of Rs 1000): By last week of June 2013
MET 2013 GNDU – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of MET 2013 GNDU are as mentioned below.
· Graduation in any stream from the recognized university
· Students who are appearing in their Final year graduation exams can also apply for MET 2013; GNDU provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
MET 2013 GNDU -How to apply
There are two ways for applying to MET 2013 GNDU. Students can choose any one of the ways as mentioned below.
· Students can purchase the MET 2013 prospectus including application form by making payment of Rs 600/- in cash from the designated centres of GNDU University.
· Students (residing outside Punjab state) can also receive the forms by post at his/her contact address by sending a Demand Draft of Rs 660/- along with the request letter and self addressed envelope of 12”x10” size. The DD should be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, GND university, Amritsar” and it should be payable at Amritsar only. Students should mention the name, telephone number and address at the back of DD.
Address for sending DD and request letter
GND University, Amritsar
· Applicants should read out the instructions carefully mentioned in the prospectus and filled the form completely. The completely filled forms should be submitted along with DD of Rs 1000/- (Rs 500/- for SC/ST/Handicapped candidates) at the designated city centres where a candidate wants to appear for entrance exam.
The DD should be drawn in favour of the ““Registrar, GND university, Amritsar” and it should be payable at Amritsar only.
MET 2013 GNDU – Designated Centres
The test centres of MET 2013 GNDU is as follows
· Amritsar (Cash counter, Administrative block, Guru Nanak Dev University)
· Bathinda (DAV college)
· Chandigarh (GGS college for women, sector-26)
· Gurdaspur (Guru Nanak Dev University regional campus, Hardochanni road)
· Ferozepur (SBS college of engineering)
· Hoshiarpur (DAV college)
· Jalandhar (Guru Nanak dev university regional campus)
· Ludhiana (GGN Khalsa college)
· Moga (Guru Nanak College)
· Patiala (MM Modi College)
· Sangrur (Bhai Gurdas Institute of Engineering and Technology)