The management Aptitude Test (MAT 2013) will be conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) as a pre requisite entrance test for students for taking admission in various management institutes that offer post graduate management courses.
There is large number of management institutes spread across the country that provides admission to post graduate management programmes through MAT exam.
Important Dates of MAT 2013
The MAT is conducted four times in a year in the months of September, December, February and May. The exam is usually held on first Sunday of the month.
· First test will be held in September 2011
· Second test will take place by December 2011
· Third test will take place in February 2013
· Fourth test will take place in May 2013
Dates for MAT exam in September 2011
For Paper- Based Test: 04 September 2011 (Sunday)
For Computer Based Test: 10 September 2011 (Saturday)
Timing: In different Time slots at various test venues
Final Date for availability of forms: 12 August 2011 (Friday)
Last Date for submitting completed registration Forms at AIMA: 16 August 2011 (Tuesday)
Last Date for Online Registration: 12 August 2011 (Friday)
MAT 2011 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants should fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the MAT 2011 Exam.
· Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
· Applicants who are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination and are awaiting results may also apply; however such applicants are given only provisional admission and they need to submit a certificate of passing graduation later.
MAT 2011 Reservation Criteria
· 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes(SC)
· 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe(ST)
· 27% for OBC candidates belonging to Non-Creamy layer
· 3% seats are reserved for Differently abled (DA) and PWD candidates
Structure of MAT exam
The time duration of MAT exam is usually 150 minutes and it comprises of 200 questions. The students have the option for selecting either paper-pencil test or the computer based test.
Syllabus for MAT
The structure of the MAT exam is as mentioned below.
· Language Comprehension: 40 questions
· Data Analysis and Sufficiency: 40 questions
· Mathematical Skills: 40 questions
· Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: 40 questions
· Indian and Global Environment: 40 questions
Candidates are given one mark for every correct answer.
Applying for MAT
There are three ways for applying to MAT exams.
· Applicants can get a form along with MAT bulletin/CD by paying Rs 1200/- at selected branches of Bank of Baroda
· Applicants can get a form along with MAT bulletin/CD by paying Rs 1050/- at selected Study Centres of AIMA. The DD should be drawn in name of respective institution. The DD details should be entered online along with the registration.
· Applicants can also register online by visiting the site at www.aima-ind.org and make the payment via credit card.
Applicant has to submit the application form online and submit the details of Demand Draft (in case DD is drawn for making payment). After the submission of form, the candidate will usually receive a registration number that should be saved for future reference.