Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Pre Medical (MGIMS-PMT) Test 2013 will be conducted by Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences as an entrance exam for providing students admission to MBBS courses offered by the University. This institute is located in Wardha and applicants need to write essay on Gandhian thought apart from regular PMT questions in entrance examination.
Kasturba Gandhi Society manages the Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences and this institute is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik. Every year, it allows the admission to 65 students into MBBS courses.
MGIMS 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
Dates of MGIMS 2013: By 1st week of April, 2013
Dates of availability of application forms: By first week of December 2011
Last Date for the submitting completed application forms: By last week of Feb 2013 to mid march 2013
MGIMS 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
· Students need to pass standard XII with at least 50% aggregate marks in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry to become eligible for admission to MBBS course. Students should have studied English in senior secondary level.
· Students of reserved category (SC/ST) will get relaxation of 10% in the minimum marks required in qualifying exam as per the govt rules.
· Applicants should be at least 17 years of age to become eligible for MGIMS 2013.
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for MGIMS 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission
MGIMS 2013 – Test Centres
The test centres for taking MGIMS entrance exam are as mentioned below
MGIMS 2013 – Structure of exam
The MGIMS 2013 exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions. It covers the syllabus of XIth and XIIth standard encompassing the following subjects.
Applicants also need to write essay on Gandhian thought as a part of entrance exam.
MGIMS 2013 – How to Apply?
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from the College Counter, MGIMS by making payment of Rs 1000 in cash. Applicant should send in the completely filled application forms and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter along with Money order of Rs 1100 for prescribed application fees to the Office of the Dean. The money order should be in favour of Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, District Wardha -442102
Applicants should also write their name, complete address, phone number on the space provided for communication and in the space for sender’s address on MO form.
MGIMS 2013 – Results
Applicants can visit the official website of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences at www.mgims.ac.in to view the results of MGIMS 2013 by entering their respective roll number and name.
MGIMS 2013 – Contact Address
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences,
District Wardha – 442102,
Phone: 07152-284341 to 355