The MAH-MCA-CET is conducted every year by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra as a prerequisite entrance exam for students for taking admissions in post graduate programmes in computer applications and management.
MAH –MCA CET score is accepted by various institutes from different universities in Maharashtra for providing admissions to post graduate computer application courses. This exam is either administered by the relevant authority on its own or it is conducted in collaboration with professional Agencies.
MAH –MCA CET 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Commencement of sale of the Application form at select Post Offices: By first week of February 2013
· Last Date of sale of the Application form at select Post Offices: By third week of February 2013
· Commencement of Online Submission of CET Application Form via website : By first week of February 2013
· Last Date of Online Submission of CET Application Form via website: By third week of February 2013
· Declaration of the results: By first week of April 2013
MAH –MCA CET 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to become eligible for MAH-CET.
· Applicants should have done BCA/BCS(CS)/ BSc with Computer/Information Technology with at least 50% marks
· Graduate in any discipline with minimum aggregate of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
· In case of reserved category, the minimum aggregate marks required is 45%
· Candidates should have studied Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at Senior Secondary level or higher level examination.
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply MAH –MCA CET 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
MAH –MCA CET – Structure
The exam structure of MAH-MCA CET includes 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and time duration available is 150 minutes. The questions cover the following topics.
· Verbal Ability
· Reading Comprehension
· Quantitative Aptitude
· Logical/Abstract Reasoning
There is no negative marking for marking incorrect answers.
Apart from written exam, the shortlisted candidates are called for GD and Personal interview.
MAH –MCA CET – How to Apply
Costs of application form for general category candidates is Rs.750/-
Costs of application form for reserved category candidates is Rs 550/-
Applicants can purchase the admission form from the identified post offices in selected cities in India
by making cash payment of Rs 750 (Rs.550/- for reserved category). It is compulsory for all the candidates to procure the prospectus along with “MAH MCA-CET 2013 Kit” from these selected post offices. Applicants can get the receipt of Payment of fees from Post Office called as “candidate’s copy” and it should be produced later at the time of confirmation of submission of CAP application form.
Candidates are required to participate in the Centralized Admission Process by filling the Online Option Form through their login on website. It is compulsory for all candidates to complete the confirmation of the online option form by himself/ herself.
The online Option form received via online submission is further considered valid for processing.
MAH –MCA CET – Contact Address
The Director of Technical Education,
Maharashtra State, 3,
Post Box No. 1967,