The MAH-CET 2013 is conducted every year by the Government of Maharashtra as a prerequisite entrance exam for students for taking admissions in Undergraduate Engineering courses of all private, Government, Aided & Unaided engineering universities/colleges in Maharashtra.
MAH –CET score is accepted by engineering colleges of 10 universities in Maharashtra for providing admissions to undergraduate Engineering courses. This exam is either administered by the relevant authority on its own or it is conducted in collaboration with professional Agencies.
MAH-CET (Engineering) 2013 Important Dates (Tentative)
· Dates of availability of CET Forms: By 2nd-4th week of March, 2013
· Final Date for receipt of CET forms: By 4th week of March, 2013
· Date of CET exam: By 1st week of May, 2013
· Announcement of CET Results: By Mid June, 2013
MAH-CET (Engineering) 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants who would like to apply for MAH-CET (Engineering) should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board
· Candidates should have physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects in XIIth standard to apply for admission into engineering colleges.
· Candidates should have aggregate 50% marks in all the subjects together including Physics, chemistry and mathematics (PCM).
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for MAH-CET Exam 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission.
· There is relaxation of 5% for Maharashtra backward classes.
· Candidates who belong to outside Maharashtra state are eligible for MHT-CET 2011; however they will be given admissions only in Private unaided colleges with limited number of seats.
MAH-CET (Engineering) 2013 Pattern of Examination:
The entrance exam for engineering colleges comprises of two papers and time duration of each paper is 90 minutes.
· Physics & Chemistry (50+50 marks)
· Mathematics (100 marks)
The questions are multiple choice objective type with 4 alternatives given for every question. The syllabus of the exam is based on the syllabus of HSC Examination of Board of Maharashtra. There are no negative marking and candidate can attempt all the questions.
How to Apply for MAH- CET (Engineering)
Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at www.dte.org.in Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site.
Applicants are required to take printout of the application form from the official website. This printed application form should be send via mail to the Office along with the DD (Demand Draft) of entrance fee. Candidate should take care to complete the application in his/her own handwriting.
Applicants can purchase the admission form from MAH –CET (Engineering) office and send in the completely filled application along with DD and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
MAH –CET (Engineering) Contact Address
The Director of Technical Education,
Maharashtra State, 3,
Post Box No. 1967,