Kerala Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM) 2013 will be conducted by Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, as an entrance exam for students who would like to take admission to the MBBS/BDS courses of different colleges in Kerala. The eligible candidates need to apply for KEAM Medical 2013 in the prescribed application form to be issued by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. The allotment of seats is done on the basis of rank of the candidates in the entrance Examination.
KEAM Medical 2013 – Structure
The KEAM Medical 2013 comprises of Multiple Choices Objective type examination and includes two parts including Part I and Part II
Candidates should note that there will be negative marking for each incorrect response.
KEAM Medical 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for KEAM Medical 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· All the applicants should be Indian national
· Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders are eligible to apply for the exam
· Keralites as well as Non-Keralites applicants are eligible for the Entrance Examination
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board with at least 50% marks in Biology, physics, and chemistry out together.
· Candidates who belongs to SEBC categories require 45% marks in Biology and 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together (in qualifying exam) to eligible for the KEAM 2013
· Candidates who belongs to SC/ST categories require 40% marks in Biology and 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together (in qualifying exam) to eligible for the KEAM 2013
KEAM Medical 2013 – How to apply
Candidates can apply for KEAM 2013 using offline and Online methods.
· Students, who are eligible for KEAM 2013, need to submit only one application for Admission to One or more of Engineering, Architecture, Medical, Agriculture, and Veterinary Courses.
· SC/ST candidates are required to apply in Sky Blue application forms while general candidates need to apply in the General application form (White).
· The Application Fee for General candidates is Rs.700/- while fees for SC/ST candidates is Rs.350/-
· Applicants can purchase the forms from selected branches of Post Offices in Kerala and outside the State by making payment in cash.
· Candidates, who receive the form, can find the prospectus, application form, OMR Data Sheet, and an envelope with address of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. There should be an application number printed on the Application Form, OMR Data Sheet and cover.
Non Keralite candidates who do not seek any reservation can also apply ‘Online’ by visiting the website‘www.cee-kerala.org’. After submitting the data online successfully, the candidate will receive an application number generated by system.
Candidates are required to take a print out of this application and submit the fees of Rs.700/- in any branch of State Bank of Travancore (SBT) via challan obtained by taking printout of application form.
Candidate should send the following documents to the Office of the CEE before the last date mentioned in the prospectus.
· Print out of application complete in all respects
· Original challan certified by the Bank authorities
· Other requisite certificates
Candidates can also send the fees via Demand Draft of Rs.700/- drawn in favour of the “Commissioner for Entrance Examinations” payable at Thiruvananthapuram. It should be drawn on any Nationalized Bank. It is useful for those candidates who do not have access to “State Bank of Travancore (SBT)”.