Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) 2013 will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority as an entrance exam for the students for taking admissions to various undergraduate courses in the Universities and Colleges across Karnataka. The eligible candidates will be allowed admission into undergraduates programs in Engineering, Architecture, Medical, and Dental courses. Only those students, who are residents of Karnataka, can apply for Karnataka CET.
Karnataka CET 2013 -Important Dates (Tentative)
Date of Entrance Examination: By last week of April, 2013
Final Date for Availability of Application Forms in universities/colleges: By 2nd week of March, 2013
Final Date for purchasing the Application Forms by post: By 2nd week of April, 2013
Karnataka CET 2013 -Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for Karnataka CET 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidate should be the resident of Karnataka state
· Candidates wishing to take admission into Architecture course should have excellent scores in the NATA along with the CET examination.
· Candidates should have passed the XIIth standard exams from recognised Central or State board with at least 50% marks.
· Candidates should have English, physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects in XIIth standard to apply for admission into engineering colleges.
· Minimum age of the candidate should be at least 17 years
Karnataka CET 2013 –Structure
Karnataka CET 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type examinations with Paper I, Paper III and Paper IV. Each session consists of 60 questions and there is time period of 80 minutes per session. For every incorrect answer, there is negative marking.
· Paper I: Mathematics (For Engineering and Architecture Candidates)
· Paper III: Physics (Mandatory for all)
· Paper IV: Chemistry (Mandatory for all)
Karnataka CET 2013 -How to Apply?
Applicants should apply for the Karnataka CET 2013 exam by following methods.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from specified branches of participating institutes of Karnataka CET, by making payment in cash.
· Applicants can also obtain the form by post by sending a request letter to examination body along with additional fees DD. The DD should be drawn on nationalized bank.
Karnataka CET 2013 – Results
The results of Karnataka CET 2013 will be available on the official website of Karnataka CET at http://kea.kar.nic.in
Candidates can get the results of Karnataka CET 2013 by entering their roll number in the portal.
Karnataka CET 2013 – Score Validity
The score of Karnataka CET 2013 remains valid only in the current academic year at the time of admission.
Karnataka CET 2013 – List of Karnataka CET centres
· Krishnaraja Pet
· K. G. F.
Karnataka CET 2013 – Contact Address
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Bengaluru 560 012.
Phone: 080-23461575, 23462758, 23462599
Fax: 080- 23461576