Institute of Informatics & Communication (IIC) 2013 will be conducted by Delhi-Institute of Informatics & Communication (DU IIC), as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to two year Post Graduate MSc (Informatics) Course.
The Institute of Informatics & Communication conducts the entrance exam in various cities across the country and it is situated in the south campus of University of Delhi. The DU IIC offers only 62 seats for this course and thus there is tough competition between the aspirants who appear for the entrance exam.
DU IIC 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Issue of Application forms: By first week of May 2013
· Last Date for submitting completed Application Forms at VIT : By last week of May 2013
· Declaration of Result : By Mid June 2013
· Date of Interview : By last week of June 2013
DU IIC 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for DU IIC 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
Age: Applicants should be at least 20 years of age to become eligible for DU IIC 2013.
· Applicants should have done B.Sc/B.Sc.(H)/B.Appl.Sc (minimum three years course) in Computer Science/ Electronic Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/Physical Sciences/Chemical Science Or Applicants should have studied any combinations of subjects including minimum of two subjects from above mentioned options.
· Applicant should be graduate with at least 50% marks from University of Delhi or any recognised UGC/AICTE approved Indian University
· Applicants should be B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from University of Delhi or any recognised UGC/AICTE approved Indian University
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for Haryana DU IIC 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
DU IIC 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
DU IIC 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. There are two parts of the exam and total time allotted is 3 hours.
General English Comprehension
Analytical Ability and Reasoning
Physics and Electronics
Basic knowledge of Computers
The final selection for admission is done on the basis of final merit prepared after adding the marks of written test and GD/PI as per the following weightage.
Written test: 75% weightage
Group Discussion and Interview: 25% weightage
DU IIC 2013 – How to apply
Applicants can purchase the admission form and information bulletin from the office of IIC, University of Delhi, South Campus by making cash payment of Rs 500 (Rs. 250 for SC & ST)
Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter, Self address envelope (size 12” x 9” with affixed Rs. 30 postal stamps) along with Demand Draft for Rs 500 (Rs. 250 for SC & ST) to office of IIC, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110021.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “The Director, University of Delhi South Campus”,payable at New Delhi. Candidates should draw the DD from the nationalized bank and mention their name and address on the back of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the below mentioned address before the last date of submission.
DU IIC 2013 – Contact Address
IIC, University of South Campus,
Benito Juarez road,