The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) as an entrance exam for providing students admission into the B.Tech courses offered by the institution.
IIT JEE exam 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of commencement of Application: By mid of November, 2013
· Closing date for submitting the application forms: By middle of December, 2013
· Last date for submitting application forms in person at IIT: By last week of December 2013
· Date of IIT Joint Entrance Exam: By April 2nd week, 2013
· Result of declaration of the exam: By mid week of May, 2013
IIT JEE exam 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
· Students need to pass standard XII for becoming eligible for admission
· There are only two attempts allowed for every applicant and that too in the consecutive years
· Students who are appearing for standard XII exams can also apply
IIT JEE exam 2013 – Structure of exam
The IIT JEE comprises of 2 papers with time period of each paper is 2 hours. The questions asked will be of the objective nature and covers the syllabus of XIth and XIIth standard encompassing the following subjects.
There are negative markings in some sections.
Aptitude test is applied for those applicants who are selected for the B.Design and B. Architecture programs. These tests are performed at the time of counselling by specific institute.
IIT JEE Exam 2013 – Rules for Reservation
The rules of reservation by the Indian government for admission into IIT JEE seats are as follows:
· SC candidates – 15% seats
· ST candidates – 7.5% seats
· OBC candidates – 27% seats
· Leprosy-cured candidates – 3%
IIT JEE Score 2013 –Colleges accepting the IIT JEE Score
The list of institutions in India that accept the IIT JEE scores are mentioned below.
· IIT Bombay
· IIT Delhi
· IIT Kharagpur
· IIT Madras
· IIT Roorkee
· IIT Gandhinagar
· IIT Guwahati
· IIT Hyderabad
· IIT Bhubaneshwar
· IIT Indore
· IIT Kanpur
· IIT Mandi
· IIT Patna
· IIT Rajasthan
· IIT Ropar
Non-IIT institutes that accept IIT-JEE Score are as follows:
· Indian Institute of Science-Bangalore
IIT JEE Exam 2013 – How to Apply?
There are two ways of applying for IIT JEE exam including online or offline methods.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting any of the Union Bank branches and making payment of Rs 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for reserved category students)
· Applicants can also purchase the form directly from the IIT’s institutes
Applicants can also fill the form online by visiting any of the IIT websites. After completing all the details, applicants can take a print of the form and send it to the address mentioned in the instructions along with the challan. Applicants can make the payment of fees at any branch of the Union bank.
IIT JEE Exam 2013 – Results
Applicants can also view the results for the IIT-JEE by visiting the following websites:
· IIT Delhi – Results Link : www.jee.iitd.ac.in
· IIT Bombay – Results Link : www.jee.iitb.ac.in/result.htm
· IIT Kanpur – Results Link : www.jee.iitk.ac.in
· IIT Madras – Results Link: www.jee.iitm.ac.in
· IIT Guwahati – Results Link : www.iitg.ernet.in/jee
· IIT Kharagpur – Results Link : www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
· IIT Roorkee – Results Link : www.jee.iitr.ernet.in
IIT JEE 2013- Contact Address
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110 016,
FAX: (91) 011-2658 2037, (91) 011-2658 2277