Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam (IIMS 2013) will be conducted by Marine Engineering and Research Institute, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to various courses such as BSC in Nautical Science and Marine Engineering degree. It also offers various shipping courses for the candidates who seek to build their career in Marine Sciences.
Marine Engineering and Research Institute has been listed as highly reputed and top ranked Marine Institutes across the world. The admission to this institute is done mainly through IIT-JEE and it is affiliated under Jadavpur University.
IIMS 2013 – Important Dates
· Final date for receipt of completed application forms: By 1st week of April, 2013
· Date of beginning of sale of application forms by IIT: By 3rd week of November, 2011
· Final date of submitting the completed application form at IITs: By 3rd week of December, 2011
· Date of IIT JEE 2011 Examination: By 2nd week of April, 2013
· Date of Beginning of sale of application forms by IIMS & Syndicate Bank: By February 2013
IMS 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidate should have passed in IIT JEE 2013 to be eligible for this course.
· Candidates should have English, physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects in XIIth standard to apply for admission into engineering colleges.
· The age of the applicants should not be more than 25 years
· Applicants belonging to SC/ ST (reserved category) are given 5 years of relaxation in age
· Applicants should have a normal vision of 6 /6 in order to apply for Marine sciences courses
IIMS 2013 – Structure of Engineering Entrance Examination
The admission to this institute is done mainly through IIT-JEE. The IIT JEE comprises of 2 papers with time period of each paper is 2 hours. The questions asked will be of the objective nature and covers the syllabus of XIth and XIIth standard encompassing the following subjects.
There are negative markings in some sections.
IIMS 2013 – How to apply
Applying for IIT JEE
There are two ways of applying for IIT JEE exam including online or offline methods.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting any of the Union Bank branches and making payment of Rs 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for reserved category students)
· Applicants can also purchase the form directly from the IIT’s institutes
Applicants can also fill the form online by visiting any of the IIT websites. After completing all the details, applicants can take a print of the form and send it to the address mentioned in the instructions along with the challan. Applicants can make the payment of fees at any branch of the Union bank.
Applying for IIMS 2013
Applicants can purchase the admission form by making payment of Rs 300/- from designated branches of Syndicate Bank. Candidates can send in the completely filled application along with DD and other documents at the address mentioned in the prospectus.
IIMS 2013 – Contact Address
Indian Institute of Marine Studies
T S Chanakya Campus
Navi Mumbai – 400706