Gujarat Common Entrance Test 2013 will be conducted by Gujarat Technological University, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to post graduate programmes in computer applications and management. There are numerous institutes in Gujarat that accept the GCET score for admitting students in their MCA/MBA courses. It is one of the leading Universities in India that provides innovative technical education to the students.
GCET MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of Commencement of Sale of Application forms: By 2nd week of June 2013
· Date of Commencement of Online Registration: By 2nd week of June 2013
· Final date for submission of completed application forms: By 3rd week of June, 2013
· Final date for Online Registration: By 3rd week of June, 2013
· Date of entrance Test: By last week of June, 2013
GCET MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for GCET MCA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time graduate in any stream from recognised university with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST and OBC applicants) and applicants should have studied mathematics in senior secondary level.
· Applicants should have done BCA/BSc(CS)/ BSc (IT)
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for GCET MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
GCET MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
GCET MCA 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. It is basically a computer based entrance test that has 150 questions that carries 600 marks. The time allotted for the test is 2 hours.
Questions cover the topics from following subjects
· General and Computer Awareness
For every correct answer, 4 marks are given and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
GCET MCA 2013 – MCA Test centres
GCET MCA 2013 – How to apply
· Candidates need to visit the website of the university at http://www.gtu.ac.in for online registration. Candidates should download the Fee Challan form from the website and get its printout.
· Candidates are required to make payment for the fees using the printed Challan Form at the designated branches of the bank mentioned on the university website.
· University has set up various help centres for the exam and the copy of the challan should be given to any of these help centres.
· Candidates can receive the information bulletin along with their User Id and password from the help centres.
· Online registration can be completed using User ID and password obtained along with information bulletin.
GCET MCA 2013 – How and where to get the results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at http://www.gtu.ac.in for viewing the results.
GCET MCA 2013 – Contact Address
Gujarat Technological University,
Admission Committee for Professional Courses Building,
L.D College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmedabad -380 015
Phone: 079-2630 0499, 079-2630 0599
Fax : 079-2630 1500
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com