Govt. of Karnataka PGCET MCA Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by Govt. of Karnataka; as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to MCA course. There is large number of institutes in Karnataka and outside the state that accept the PGCET MCA score for providing admission to students into post graduate courses of computer applications.
Govt. of Karnataka PGCET-2011 examination will be conducted at different centres in the state of Karnataka Only. Applicants can get the details of the seats Matrix and fee structure by visiting the site at http://kea.kar.nic.in
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
· Date of Karnataka PGCET MCA: By first week of August 2013
· Date of issue of Brochure cum application form by speed post : By first week of July 2013
· Last data for receipt of Demand Drafts for application form : By last week of June 2013
· Last date for submission of completed application form by Speed Post :By first week of July 2013
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Applicants should be full time graduate from recognised central or state university with Mathematics / Statistics/ Computer Science or Computer Applications/Business Mathematics/ Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate
· Applicants belonging to ST/SC category should have at least 45% marks in qualifying exam
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question.
Questions cover the topics from following subjects
· Computer Awareness
· Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning
Karnataka PGCET MCA 2013 – How to apply
Candidates can receive the application form cum brochure by speed post only by sending the request letter, self addressed cloth-lined envelope and Demand Draft of Rs 600 (Rs 300 for SC/ST and Category-I candidates) for prescribed fees for application.
The self addressed cloth-lined envelope should be at least 25cm x 30cm in size.
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority”,payable at Bangalore.
In case the candidate is applying for more than one course then he/she should apply separately for every course by sending two different requisite demand drafts with two different covers.
Applicants should clearly write in bold letters “Request for PGCET – 2011 brochure for MCA course” on the top of the envelope that contains request letter, self addressed cover and DD.
Applicants should send the request letter at the following address by speed post only in time so that it will reach the concerned address before last date of submission.
The Executive Director,
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
18th Cross, Sampige Road,