Delhi University MCA/MSc 2013 will be conducted by Delhi University, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to various courses such as MCA/MSc. It is one of the sought after universities of India that provides state of the art infrastructure and teaching facilities. There is large number of students that compete for DU MCA/MSc exam every year for pursuing post graduate courses in computer science or computer applications.
DU MCA 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
Final date for submitting Completed Application forms: By third week of June 2013
MCA Entrance Exam Date: By first 4th July, 2013
MSc.(Computer Science) Entrance Exam Date: By last week of June, 2013
DU MCA 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for DU MCA/MSc 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Graduation with Mathematics as a subject for minimum one year/ minimum two papers of Mathematics in semester system
· Applicants should have at least 60% aggregate marks in graduation (For General/OBC category) or equivalent CGPA
· Applicants belonging to reserved category (SC, ST and PD category) should have at least 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA
· Students who are appearing in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply for DU MCA/MSc 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
· Applicants with B.Sc. (Honours) Computer Science with 60% marks in aggregate from DU or any other university recognised by DU
DU MCA 2013 – Structure of MCA Entrance Examination
The seats of DU MCA are filled in two ways.
(1) 50% of the seats are filled on the basis of merit obtained by the students in DU B.Sc.(H) Computer Science Examination. Under this category, only those students are considered who have scored minimum of 60% marks in the BSc (H) Computer Science examination.
(2) Remaining 50% seats are filled on the basis of performance of students in the entrance examination conducted by the Department of Computer Science. The entrance examination is followed by the interview.
DU MCA 2013 comprises of two parts
Test I: Objective type questions.
Test II: Comprehensive questions
The entrance exam covers the following topics
· Mathematical Ability
· Computer Science
· Logical Reasoning and English Comprehension
DU MCA 2013 – How to apply
Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at http://cs.du.ac.in
Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site.
Applicants are required to take printout of the application form from the official website. This printed application form should be send via mail to the concerned address along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 800 (Rs. 400 for SC/ST/PH Category) and other required documents.
The DD should be drawn in favour of “Registrar, University of Delhi” and payable at New Delhi.
DU MCA 2013 – How and where to get the results
Candidates can visit the official website of the university at http://cs.du.ac.in for viewing the results.
DU MCA 2013 – Contact Address
The Organizing Chairman,
IIT Bombay, Powai,
Mumbai 400 076