The Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted as a pre requisite for selecting the students for admission in IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) and few non IIM institutes that accept the CAT score card for giving admissions to the students. Once a student gets sufficient marks in the CAT Admission test to feature in the final selection list then he/she can take admission into Post Graduation Programmes (PGP) in Management course in various IIMs across the country.
As per the recent development, the CAT is conducted as an online test across the different test centres throughout the country on particular set of dates. The CAT 2011 online exam is scheduled to be conducted from 22 October 2011 to 18 November 2011 during a period of 20 days.
Important Dates of CAT 2011
Dates for CAT 2011 online Registration commences from: Wednesday, 17 August 2011
Last date of closing of online registration: Wednesday, 28 September 2011.
CAT 2011 Test Dates: Saturday, 22 October 2011 – Friday, 18 November 2011 (20 days period)
Declaration of Result of CAT 2011(Tentative Date): Wednesday 11 January 2013
Validity of CAT 2011 score card: December 31, 2013.
With CAT 2011 score card, students can apply for admission into 13 Indian Institute of Management (IIM) and other non IIM member institutions that provide admission using CAT score card.
IIM Colleges in India
There are usually 13 IIMs colleges that are offering admission to students through CAT 2011 including IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Indore, IIM Lucknow, IIM Udaipur, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Tiruchirappalli , IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak , IM Shillong, IIM Kashipur, and IIM Raipur.
CAT 2011 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants should fulfil the following eligibility criteria in order to apply for the CAT 2011 Exam.
· Bachelor’s Degree, with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA
· 45% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) PWD category and Differently Abled (DA) applicants
· Applicants who are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification examination and are awaiting results; however such applicants are given only provisional admission and they need to submit a certificate latest by June 30, 2013.
CAT 2011 Reservation Criteria
· 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes(SC)
· 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe(ST)
· 27% for OBC candidates belonging to Non-Creamy layer
· 3% seats are reserved for Differently abled (DA) and PWD candidates
CAT 2011 Registration Details
Applicants can obtain CAT 2011 Vouchers from Axis Bank branches from Wednesday, 17 August 2011 to Monday, 26 September 2011 by paying Rs 1600 (general candidates)
For SC/ST candidates, the fee for CAT 2011 voucher is Rs 800 and they have to submit a copy of SC/ST certificate while obtaining the CAT2011 voucher form.
Once the candidates have purchased CAT 2011 vouchers, they are required to logon to the Website: www.catiim.in in order to complete the online registration of CAT 2011.
CAT2011 Contact details
C/o Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Joka, Diamond Harbour Road, Kolkata-700 104