Banaras Hindu University Pre-Medical Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by Banaras Hindu University as an entrance exam for providing students admission into the MBBS /BDS/BMS courses offered by the institution. It is one of the most reputed medical colleges of India.
BHU PMT 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
Dates of PMT Screening: By 2nd week of May, 2013
Dates of PMT Mains: By 2nd week of June, 2013
Dates of issues of application forms through Post Offices: By 1st week of Jan 2013 to the 3rd week of Feb, 2013
Last Date for the submitting completed application forms: By 2nd week of March, 2013
BHU PMT 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
· Applicants should be an Indian National
· Students need to pass standard XII with at least 50% marks in aggregate in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English to become eligible for admission to MBBS course
· Students of reserved category (SC/ST) should have scored at least 40% marks at senior secondary level in aggregate in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English to become eligible for admission to MBBS course
· For admission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS courses, general candidates need to score the at least 50% mark in qualifying exam (45% for general-PC and 40% marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates)
· Applicants should be at least 17 years of age and upper age limit is 25 years.
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for BHU PMT 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission
BHU PMT 2013 – Structure of exam
The BHU PMT 2013 entrance exam comprises of two stages including Preliminary Exam and Final exam.
Preliminary test comprises of 200 multiple choice objective questions with total time allotted is 3 hours. It covers the syllabus of XIth and XIIth standard encompassing the following subjects.
Only those candidates who cleared the Preliminary test are called for Final exam.
BHU PMT 2013 – Pre Screening Exam Centres
BHU PMT 2013 – How to Apply?
· Applicants can purchase the admission form from the designated post offices across India and selected branches of BOB (Bank of Baroda) by making payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 600 for SC/ST candidates) in cash.
Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter along with Demand Draft Rs. 1300/- (Rs. 900 for SC/ST candidates) and self addressed envelope (with affixed postal stamps) to the Director, BHU. The DD should be drawn in favour of ““The Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU” payable at Varanasi. Applicant should mention his/her name, contact number, address and name of the course applied on the reverse of the DD.
The DD should be sent to the following address
Institute of Medical Sciences,
Banaras Hindu University,
BHU PMT 2013 – Results
Applicants can visit the official website of BHU at http://imsbhu.nic.in/results.htm to view the results of BHU PMT 2013 by entering their respective roll number.
BHU PMT 2013 – Contact Address
Banaras Hindu University,
E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org