All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam 2013 (AIPGMEE) will be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences as an entrance exam for providing students admission into the 50% of the seats in various post graduate medical courses like MS, MD, MDS, etc.
The AIPGMEE allows the students to take admission into PG medical courses of government medical and dental colleges managed by central government, state government, municipal bodies and other authorities in all the states except Jammu and Kashmir and Andhra Pradesh.
AIPGMEE 2013 – Important Dates (Tentative)
Date of AIIMS Entrance examination: By first week of June, 2013
Dates of availability of application forms: By Mid week of February to Mid of March, 2013
Last date for submitting the duly filled application form: By fourth week of March, 2013
AIPGMEE 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who would like to apply for AIPGMEE 2013 should fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
· Candidates should have passed MBBS/BDS degree from recognised medical college to become eligible for admission to post graduate Medical courses.
· Candidates who have obtained registration from state Medical Council or Medical council of India are also eligible for appearing in AIPGMEE 2013.
· Candidates who have done diploma at senior secondary level and under graduate level, can also apply for AIPGMEE 2013.
· Students who are yet to complete their internship can also apply for AIPGMEE 2013 provided they produced the certificate from Dean of the college about the completion of internship at the time of admission
AIPGMEE 2013 – Structure of exam
The AIPGMEE 2013 question paper carries 80 marks with time duration of 90 minutes.
The AIPGMEE question paper comprises of 50 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and 30 clinical/practical based short answer questions. The questions cover the syllabus of MBBS encompassing all the subjects.
There is negative marking (1/3 marks) for marking incorrect answer.
The candidates shortlisted in the written test are called for second round of selection process including departmental clinical/lab based assessment which carries 20 marks.
AIPGMEE 2013 – How to Apply?
· Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at www.aiimsexams.org
· Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site. The payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) can be made through a Challan of State Bank of India.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting any of the designated State Bank of India branches and making payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) in cash.
· Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter along with Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- (Rs.850/- for SC/ST candidates) to Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 608
The DD should be drawn in favour of “Accounts officer (Exams), AIIMS PG JAN 2013” payable at New Delhi. Applicant should mention his/her name, contact number, address and name of the course applied on the reverse of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the address mentioned in the information booklet before the last date of submission.
AIPGMEE 2013 – Contact Address
Assistant Controller of Examinations,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 608
website: www.aiims.edu, www.aiims.ac.in