All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam 2013 will be conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences as an entrance exam for providing students admission into the MBBS courses offered by the institution.
AIIMS 2013 – – Important Dates (Tentative)
Date of AIIMS Entrance examination: Jun 1, 2013, Saturday
Dates of availability of application forms: By Mid week of February to Mid of March, 2013
Last date for submitting the duly filled application form: By fourth week of March, 2013
AIIMS 2013 – Eligibility Criteria
· Students need to pass standard XII with at least 60% marks in aggregate in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English to become eligible for admission to MBBS course
· Applicants who belong to SC/ST category need at least 50% marks in aggregate in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English to become eligible for admission to MBBS course
· Applicants should be at least 17 years of age
· Students who are appearing in their standard XIIth exams can also apply for AIIMS 2013 provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria the time of admission
AIIMS 2013 – Structure of exam
The AIIMS 2013 question paper comprises of 200 multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions. The total time duration of the exam is three and a half hours.
The questions asked will be of the objective nature and covers the syllabus of XIth and XIIth standard encompassing the following subjects.
· Chemistry (60 Questions)
· Biology (60 Questions)
· Physics (60 Questions)
· General Knowledge (20 Questions)
There is negative marking for marking incorrect answer.
AIIMS 2013 – Seats
There are only 70 seats available for MBBS course in AIIMS and every year there is intense competition among the students who apply for this highly prestigious competitive exam. Applicants have to secure very high marks for getting shortlisted in this entrance test.
AIIMS 2013 – How to Apply?
· Applicants are required to apply online by logging to the official website at www.aiimsexams.org
· Candidate should keep their digital photo and signature ready as they are required to upload their photo and signature as per the provided instructions on the site. The payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) can be made through a credit card/debit card or via Challan of State Bank of India.
· Applicants can purchase the admission form by visiting any of the designated State Bank of India branches and making payment of application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.800/- in case of SC/ST candidates) in cash.
· Applicants can also receive the application form by post by sending a request letter along with Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- (Rs.850/- for SC/ST candidates) to Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 608
The DD should be drawn in favour of “Accounts officer (Exams), AIIMS” payable at New Delhi. Applicant should mention his/her name, contact number, address and name of the course applied on the reverse of the DD.
The completed application forms should be sent in an envelope along with necessary documents at the address mentioned in the information booklet before the last date of submission.
AIIMS 2013 – Contact Address
Assistant Controller of Examinations,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 608
website: www.aiims.edu, www.aiims.ac.in
|Jun 1, 2013, Saturday|